Well folks, it's that time of year again. We have officially set the first CSA distribution dates for Tuesday, June 1st, and Friday, June 4th.
IF YOU ARE SIGNED UP FOR THE SUMMER 2010 CSA SEASON PLEASE SEND ME AN EMAIL CONFIRMING THAT YOU HAVE RECEIVED THIS EMAIL. (We want to be sure that everyone knows when we are starting.) ALSO, PLEASE EMAIL ME THE DAY OF THE WEEK THAT YOU WILL USUALLY PICK UP.
In lieu of the economy we are REDUCING THE SUMMER CSA DOWN PAYMENT TO $50.
Hurray! I never can quite believe that the first distribution is actually going to happen, but so far it always has. This 80 degree weather in the forecast is going to get everything growing like mad. The farm is looking good - we have acres of crops in the ground and most of of them are now bigger than minuscule dots. They are starting to look like what they are - food. The new hens came a couple of weeks ago and they are laying cute little first-timer eggs. They've adjusted to their rye pasture just fine and are happy poking around in the grass.
Nuts and Bolts:
1. We have PLENTY of summer shares left. If you have not signed up yet and plan on doing so, now is the time! ($50 down payment.)
*The cost for the 2010 summer season is the same as last year - $500 for 26 weeks. As you probably remember, that works to $19.23/week. So, between 2 adults, each adult pays $9.61/week. This is a seriously good price. You could take a mere HALF of the produce we put out each week and still end up with a deal over supermarket prices. Read that sentence twice! *
2. Distribution is here at the farm, 1-8 pm Tuesday OR Friday.
3. We leave the food set up the day following each distribution day (Wednesday and Saturday) from 8-noon. We do this to provide you with one more chance to get your share, thus, quality and selection are NOT guaranteed on Wednesday and Saturday.
4. You may switch between Tuesday and Friday distributions and YOU DO NOT NEED TO LET US KNOW WHEN YOU DO THIS. However, you may only come to one distribution per week (u-pick is open 7 days/week).
5. Please pick up a member handbook on the first distribution day. Please read it if you have not already done so. There is lots of very useful information in it.
I will be sending out another email before we start with the veggie forecast.