Sweet Land Farm Blog
Thursday, June 18, 2009
sugar snap peas opened
We are opening the sugar snap peas for u-pick as of Friday, the 19th. The limit for the first week is ONE QUART. Here are some tips:
1. bring your own container for measuring (we use a yogurt container)
2. the really fat peas are the ones that are ripe - try to avoid picking the smaller, flatter peas
3. the peas ripen from the bottom of the plant up. Pick the peas on the bottom of the plant, leave the upper ones to ripen.
4. you may need to lift the plants up to find the bottom-most peas.
5. the patch will be marked by a chair
6. pick up a MEMBER HANDBOOK for more discussion on u-pick in general
See you at the farm!
Sweet Land Farm
Share to Twitter
Share to Facebook
Share to Pinterest
Post a Comment
Post Comments (Atom)